1. Al-Johani, A H, et al. “Comparative Study of Hamstring and Quadriceps Strengthening Treatments in the Management of Knee Osteoarthritis.” Journal of Physical Therapy Science., U.S. National Library of Medicine, June 2014
2. Anwer, S, and A Alghadir. “Effect of Isometric Quadriceps Exercise on Muscle Strength, Pain, and Function in Patients with Knee Osteoarthritis: a Randomized Controlled Study.”Journal of Physical Therapy Science., U.S. National Library of Medicine, May 2014
3. “A Proximal Strengthening Program Improves Pain, Function, and Biomechanics in Women With Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome.” The American Journal of Sports Medicine
4. Biddulph, SL, et al. “A Possible Role of Synovial Fluid in Bone Healing.” SA Orthopaedic Journal, South African Orthopaedic Association
5. Decrease in Quadriceps Inhibition after Sacroiliac Joint Manipulation in Patients with Anterior Knee Pain.” Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, Mosby, 4 Nov. 2005
6. Ding, MD Changhai. “Natural History of Knee Cartilage Defects and Factors Affecting Change.” Archives of Internal Medicine, American Medical Association, 27 Mar. 2006
7. Gounder, Celine. “Who Is Responsible for the Pain-Pill Epidemic?” The New Yorker, The New Yorker, 19 June 2017.
8. Huang, L. “Effects of Quadriceps Functional Exercise with Isometric Contraction in the Treatment of Knee Osteoarthritis.” International Journal of Rheumatic Diseases., U.S. National Library of Medicine
9. Hunter, David J, and Felix Eckstein. “Exercise and Osteoarthritis.” Journal of Anatomy, Blackwell Science Inc, Feb. 2009.
10. “Joint Pain.” Mayo Clinic, Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research, 26 Feb. 2016.
11. Miyaguchi, M, et al. “Biochemical Change in Joint Fluid after Isometric Quadriceps Exercise for Patients with Osteoarthritis of the Knee.” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage., U.S. National Library of Medicine, Apr. 2003.
12. Ojoawo, A O, et al. “Comparative Effects of Proprioceptive and Isometric Exercises on Pain Intensity and Difficulty in Patients with Knee Osteoarthritis: A Randomised Control Study.” Technology and Health Care : Official Journal of the European Society for Engineering and Medicine., U.S. National Library of Medicine, 14 Nov. 2016
13. O’Reilly, Sheila C, et al. “Effectiveness of Home Exercise on Pain and Disability from Osteoarthritis of the Knee: a Randomised Controlled Trial.” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, BMJ Publishing Group Ltd, 1 Jan. 1999
14. “Quadriceps Weakness and Osteoarthritis of the Knee.” Quadriceps Weakness and Osteoarthritis of the Knee | Annals of Internal Medicine | American College of Physicians, 15 July 1997